Holl’s Chocolates: Goals, Objectives, Strategies and Tactics
Goal: Engage women ages 24-34 and attract attention to social media platforms.
Objective 1: Create a Holl’s Chocolates Instagram account and gain 800 followers by November 1, 2016.
Strategy 1: Construct a proper Instagram aesthetic.
- Tactic 1.1: Use the hashtag #HollsChocolates on all posts, and encourage users to do the same.
- Tactic 1.2: Maintain a theme by continuing to post clean and, or professional content.
- Tactic 1.3: Source old photos to tell the story of Holl’s Chocolates.
- Tactic 1.4: Interact with users by following accounts, liking photos and commenting on posts.
Strategy 2: Create exposure for the Instagram account by using available and owned media channels.
- Tactic 2.3: Add the Instagram link to Holl’s Chocolates website and any promotional material.
- Tactic 2.2: Utilize Instagram’s paid advertisement feature and become a “promoted post”.
- Tactic 2.1: Cross post from the Holl’s Chocolates Facebook page with a link and the hashtag #HollsChocolates.
- Tactic 2.4: Post at least three consumer generated posts a week, and use the same Instagram filter when reposting to maintain a theme.
Objective 2: Host an in-store and out-of-store events every three months.
Strategy 1: Contact local institutions of learning and schedule mixers to spark student engagement.
- Tactic 1.1: Build a mutually beneficial relationship with colleges by sponsoring student organizations.
- Tactic 1.2: Offer a 10% discount to individuals when they present a student ID.
- Tactic 1.3: Invite other area businesses so they may present their product or service.
- Tactic 1.4: Make announcements, limited time offers and offer free samples throughout the event.
Strategy 2: Host an open house at the Holl’s Chocolates location in Vienna, West Virginia.
- Tactic 2.1: Transform it into an elite event by only inviting a select number of individuals.
- Tactic 2.2: Select guests by running a social media contest.
- Tactic 2.3: Offer free samples and discounts during the event.
- Tactic 2.4: Give guests a behind-the-scenes tour of the business.
Objective 3: Re-activate the Holl’s Chocolates Twitter account and gain 400 followers by November 1, 2016.
Strategy 1: Modify the Holl’s Chocolates Twitter aesthetic.
- Tactic 1.1: Feature products in the account header.
- Tactic 1.2: Use the hashtag #HollsChocolates on all posts, and encourage users to do the same.
- Tactic 1.3: Interact with users by following accounts and favoriting and replying to tweets.
- Tactic 1.4: Optimize Holl’s Chocolates Twitter bio by adding a tagline to capture users’ attention.
Strategy 2: Create a Hootsuite account to manage all social media platforms
- Tactic 2.1: Schedule at least three weekly posts for the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- Tactic 2.2: Track each social media campaign to improve Holl’s Chocolates return of investment.
- Tactic 2.3: Track customer comments to not only to reply to users, but to also improve the business based on criticism.
- Tactic 2.4: Release clean and professional media featuring daily, weekly and monthly specials.
Objective 4: Increase Holl’s Chocolates location visibility, and increase online sales by January 1, 2017.
Strategy 1: Increase awareness of the Vienna, WV location in consumer minds.
- Tactic 1.1: Maximize retail signage.
- Tactic 1.2: Provide employees with branded products (shirts, koozies, totes, briefcases etc.)
- Tactic 1.3: Offer customers portable signage in the form of reusable shopping bags with the Holl’s Chocolates logo and location.
- Tactic 1.4: Decorate company vehicles.
Strategy 2: Form relationships with area and statewide businesses.
- Tactic 2.1: Cross-promote Holl’s in a noncompetitive business’ storefront window
- Tactic 2.2: Schedule a demonstration in another store, business or non-profit organization.
- Tactic 2.3: Compose articles for local media.
- Tactic 2.4: Have a representative attend relevant events.
- Tactic 2.5: Expand Holl’s Chocolates to area and statewide marketplaces.
- Tactic 2.6: In every location, maintain uniformity in appearance and customer service.
Strategy 3: Reposition the Holl’s Chocolates website in the minds of consumers.
- Tactic 3.1: Offer an exclusive product on the homepage.
- Tactic 3.2: Promote online ordering using owned and available social media platforms.
- Tactic 3.3: Send opt-in offers every two weeks to email subscribers.
- Tactic 3.4: Create a hover ad for the website in which a discount is provided in exchange for an email subscription.
- Tactic 3.5: Include customer testimonials in sales letters.