The D23 Expo has come to a close. Many of us have grabbed our hankies to wave goodbye to this glorious event. But, there is one thing some of the truly dedicated fans will start working on today to keep the magic alive…their outfits for next year’s event!
The Mousequerade is the one time of the year that the most creative fans get to show their Disney side with original costumes. While everyone cannot have mice, fairies or animated objects tailor fabulous outfits for the occasion, everyone in this contest showed up in stunning gowns and suits.
Mousequerade: Participants created their own Disney-inspired costumes in the following categories.
- Heroes Unmasked
- Once Upon a Costume
- The Wonderful Worlds of Disney
- Best of Star Wars
- Weird, Wild, and Goofy
The winner received a trip for two to Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa.
While we were gazing at Cinderella’s sparkling skirts, The Captain’s shiny new hook and The Yeti’s snow white fur, there were only five lucky contestants to take home trophies. And, your winners are…
- Heroes Unmasked: Terrance Thompson and his web spinning version of Spiderman
- Once Upon a Costume: Judith Grivich as Ursula from “The Little Mermaid”
- The Wonderful Worlds of Disney: Elizabeth Oldak, dressed as the Yeti from Disneyland’s Matterhorn
- Best of Star Wars: The roar of Chewbacca convinced the four judges that Alexander Ford, dressed as the Wookie. He also won the grand prize to Aulani!
- Weird, Wild, and Goofy: Marty Brooks came dressed in a costume called: SuperDiamondDisney60TextMeAlidocious! – which was a mixture representing nearly every land at Disneyland
Have a magical Disney day and be sure to stop back!